Windows Vista SP2: Closed test of the Release Candidate launched
Service Pack 2 for Windows Vista is available to testers of the Techbeta program since yesterday.
An open Beta of the Release Candidate might be possible soon, since Microsoft has launched the internal test phase. Members of the Techbeta program can work with the RC of the Vista SP2 since yesterday.
It seems like Microsoft is on schedule. The build number is supposed to be 6002.16659.090114-1728, as it was posted in several forums. The final version is expected to be released in April.
The following features are planned for Windows Vista, says Winfuture:
• Support for recording Blue-ray discs
• Support of the file system EXFAT for Flash memory
• Support for 64 Bit VIA processors
• Support for Bluetooth networks version 2.1
• Faster link connection via WLAN after launching from Standby
• Windows Search 4.0