Download: Mozilla Firefox 3.0.4 with increased security and stability
Developer Mozilla provides the new Firefox version 3.0.4. for download.
More than the half of the www.pcgameshardware.com visitors use it: the Firefox browser of the Mozilla Foundation. Tendency is rising - the former leader of the pack, Microsoft's Internet Explorer, loses shares in all markets. The advantages for the free browser are self-explanatory: Mozilla is an open source software, the source code is therefore visible for everyone. Due to the large developer community debugging is fast, security problems are usually fixed within a short period of time. Therefore Firefox is regarded as relatively secure.
Furthermore Firefox relies on a fast and stable engine. It also provides the most important comfort features such as the popular tabbed browsing, with which you can load several websites at the same time, or the highly practical integrated site search which already marks the first source while entering the search word. Phishing protection and pop-up blocker are also available. Whatever is lacking can be upgraded from the huge offer of add-ons.
The internet suite is available for Linux, Mac OS and Windows. Above all, the new version 3.0.4 fixes security holes and is said to improve stability. Besides new language versions have been added. For download visit the Mozilla website.
Changes in detail:
Firefox 3.0.4 fixes several issues found in Firefox 3.0.3:
- Fixed several security issues.
- Fixed several stability issues.
- Official releases for the Icelandic and Thai languages are now available.
- Beta releases for the Bulgarian, Esperanto, Estonian, Latvian, Occitan, and Welsh languages are available for testing.
- Updated the internal Public Suffix list.
- Fixed an issue where the IME input tool used to enter Japanese, Korean, Chinese and Indic characters was covered by the "Add Bookmark" panel. (bug 433340)
- Enabled additional EV root certificates. (bug 451305)
- Fixed an issue where some passwords saved using Firefox 3.0.2 did not work properly. (bug 457358)
- In some cases, Firefox would not properly save proxy settings for protocols other than HTTP. (bug 446536)
MSI Afterburner 4.3.0 Final: Geniales Tweak-Tool für Grafikkarten im Download