Download: Virtualdub 1.8.1 - Video all-rounder
Virtualdub certainly doesn't look like a modern video editor but actually it is a might tool for working with .avi files.
The application can also read mpeg videos. Among basic functions for cutting videos - which actually aren't very easy to handle - Virtualdub offers support for many codecs and filters and is also able to compress big amounts of video material in batch mode. Sound tracks and videos can be edited separately.
Build 29808 (1.8.1, stable): [June 15, 2008]
* The 'run as job' setting is now saved in the Save AVI dialog.
* Added distributed job queue mode.
* Added bob and non-interlaced field display modes to render preview.
* Added new test video mode: interlaced cube.
* Added option to run video compressor in a separate thread for better dual core/SMP performance.
* YCbCr resampler is now SSE4.1 optimized.
* Added command-line switches for minimizing/maximizing the window on startup and setting process priority.
* AMD64: The threshold, grayscale, levels, logo, and brightness/contrast video filters are now available.
* Plugins: Fixed bugs with and raised size limits for serialized input plugin options data.
* Fixed cases where the crop/letterbox to aspect ratio options in the resize filter were broken.
* Fixed another rare crash when exiting filter list dialog.
* Fixed Postpone and Delete buttons in job control dialog sometimes not updating when a job state changes.
* Fixed swapping of AVI superindex and subindex settings.
* Fixed bugs with cropping in filter chain with YUY2 or UYVY formats.
* Mouse wheel scrolling with Shift held down (by key frame) now works properly.
* Fixed infinite loop when attempting to convert a pal8 source to 4:2:0 YCbCr.
* The initial load of AVI files is now faster over a network.
* TARGA files are no longer written all black when 32-bit RGB output is used.
* Added workaround for "image not in Y or YCbCr format" errors when reading JPEGs from a RAZR V3 phone.
* Deleting a filter in the filter list no longer causes the checkboxes to desync from the actual filter enable states.
* AVI: Files with truncated hierarchical AVI indices no longer result in "missing 'movi' chunk" errors and can now be recovered.
* DV: Fixed decoding issue that resulted in some lost blocks.
* DDraw: Fixed occasional crash when another application forces full-screen mode.
* Capture: Fixed crash in OpenGL screen capture mode related to occlusion query based frame dropping.
* Capture: Fixed hang on shutdown when exiting with OpenGL screen capture mode active.
* Fixed crash when a script specifies arguments for a video filter that doesn't take any.
* Data rate was reported incorrectly for the video stream in the status dialog.
* Fixed audio display.
* Fixed crashes and decompression errors with paletted video.
* Filter preview no longer shows bogus frames when previewing a filter chain with edits on the timeline and no frame rate changing filters.
* Filters: Codec-friendly alignment works in resize filter again.
MSI Afterburner 4.3.0 Final: Geniales Tweak-Tool für Grafikkarten im Download