Download: Firefox 3.1 Beta 2
The second beta version of Firefox 3.1 is available for download now. Besides bugfixes and an improved performance the update also delivers new features.
The possibly most interesting new feature is the Private Browsing. This mode prevents Firefox from storing any data on the hard drive that could be used to trace the activities of a user like cookies or the history. The new function is marked with a logotype that indicates if private browsing is active or not.
New features of Firefox 3.1 Beta 2:
- This beta is now available in 54 languages.
- Added a new Private Browsing Mode.
- Added functions to make it easy to clear recent history by time as well as remove all traces of a website.
- New support for web worker threads.
- Improvements to the Gecko layout engine, including speculative parsing for faster content rendering.
- Removed the new tab-switching behavior based on feedback from users
You can download all available language versions of the new Firefox 3.1 beta from mozilla.com. As a registered user you can also download the English and German versions from our servers.
What do you think about Firefox? Do you think Private Browsing is a good feature? Tell us in the comments.
MSI Afterburner 4.3.0 Beta 4: Geniales Tweak-Tool für Grafikkarten im Download