Need for Speed: 100 million games sold - It once started out with 70 polygons
It is celebration time for the Need for Speed series: Until today 100 million games of the NfS franchise have been sold.
Since 1994 there are games of the Need for Speed series. Now Ea has announced that more than 100 million copies were sold. To celebrate the jubilee the publisher has now unveiled some curios facts about the NfS series:
The Need for Speed series ...
- contains 15 games on 14 platforms
- has been translated into 22 languages and is sold in 60 countries
- has 279 billion miles driven by players
- spawned trillions of cars customized by the players
- measures a length of 173609 football fields if the boxes of all the games are placed in line.
Also interesting: The first Need for Speed ...
- fit completely into 1 MByte RAM
- has cars that are build of 70 polygons at max
- had a development team of which 26 people are still working for EA
Electronic Arts has also published a video that is worth seeing since it delivers some more facts about the Need for Speed series.