Starcraft 2 Beta launch: Beta keys and system requirements
The highly anticipated beta of Starcraft 2 is finally coming. Just now the first invitations with the required keys have been sent to the testers - so check your mails!
After it has been delayed for quite some time the Beta of Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty is finally going to be launched. PC Games Hardware just received a Beta Test Invitation which you can find quoted below. So if you applied for Beta participation, check your mails.
Besides the beta invitations there is another important fact: The system requirements for Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty. Accoridng to incgamers.com you need to have the following components:
PC Minimum Requirements:
• Windows XP SP3/Vista SP1/Windows 7
• 2.2 Ghz Pentium IV or equivalent AMD Athlon processor
• 1 GB system RAM/1.5 GB for Vista and Windows 7
• 128 MB NVidia GeForce 6600 GT/ATI Radeon 9800 PRO video card
• 1024x768 minimum display resolution
• 4 GB free hard space (Beta)
• Broadband connection
StarCraft® II: Wings of Liberty™ Beta Test Invitation
Congratulations, this is your invitation to the beta test for Blizzard Entertainment’s StarCraft® II: Wings of Liberty™! You are receiving this email because you attended a special Blizzard Entertainment event, participated in a related contest or promotion, or have otherwise been selected to join the beta-testing process. This email contains your beta key along with instructions on how to get started.
As a beta test participant, you’ll have the opportunity to experience the multiplayer gameplay of StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty and explore the social-networking, matchmaking, and other new features of Blizzard Entertainment’s revamped Battle.net® online-gaming service. Throughout the StarCraft II beta test, you’ll be able to take part in cooperative and competitive battles as the terrans, protoss, and zerg -- and at the same time, you’ll be helping test the stability of the Battle.net service and fine-tune the game balance prior to launch. The developers look forward to hearing your feedback and seeing you on Battle.net!
Below is a beta key that will allow you to upgrade your Battle.net account to participate in the StarCraft II beta test.
PLEASE NOTE: Each beta key can be used only once, so please make sure you are upgrading the Battle.net account you wish to use to play the StarCraft II beta. Once claimed, your beta key cannot be transferred to another Battle.net account.
1. Apply Your Beta Key - Log in to your Battle.net account. Under "Manage My Games," click "Add or Upgrade a Game." Enter the above beta key in the "Enter Game Key" field and select "Add Game."
2. Get the Installer - In your list of games, click the “Manage Game” button under the StarCraft II beta image to download the installer.
3. Install the StarCraft II Beta - Once you’ve downloaded the installer, run it and follow the directions to install the StarCraft II beta client on your machine. Note that your participation in the StarCraft II beta test is governed by a Beta Test Agreement that you are required to accept before you can install the beta client.
4. Run the Game & Log in to Battle.net - After the StarCraft II beta installs, the launcher interface should automatically appear on your screen. Log in with your Battle.net account and you’ll be able to begin playing. You can launch the client at any time by clicking the desktop shortcut or by going to the Windows® Start Menu.
Any questions? Check out the FAQ.
Please retain this email for your records. If you experience any issues setting up your Battle.net account, please contact Blizzard Entertainment Account Services via webform at https://eu.blizzard.com/support/webform.xml?locale=en_GB or email at email@example.com.
Once you’ve had a chance to play, please share your feedback by posting on the StarCraft II Beta Forums. The game is still a work in progress, and one of the purposes of the beta test is to identify any issues and improve the player experience before the game ships. The developers encourage you to report any in-game issues you experience via these forums.
If you run into any difficulties installing the StarCraft II beta client, please contact Blizzard Entertainment technical support either by posting on the appropriate forum at http://forums.battle.net/board.html?forumId=25352533&sid=5010, via webform at https://eu.blizzard.com/support/webform.xml?locale=en_GB, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
** IMPORTANT ** To avoid graphical bugs and other technical issues, please ensure your video card drivers are up-to-date.
Enjoy the game!