Ten games with exaggerated hardware requirements
Our colleagues at PC Games introduce ten games that, according to a survey among readers, have too high hardware requirements and thus didn't sell very good.
More than 2,000 people participated in the survey with the title "Why did you not buy this game?” (Original title: Warum haben Sie dieses Spiel nicht gekauft?). Most interesting are the results for the Top 10 games that had too high system requirements in the opinion of the users.
Top 10 games with too high hardware requirements:
1. Cryis Warhead (280 votes, ca 13 percent)
2. Far Cry 2 (131 votes, ca 6 percent)
3. Grand Theft Auto 4 (126 votes, ca 6 percent)
4. Assassin's Creed (126 votes, ca 6 percent)
5. Fallout 3 (83 votes, ca 4 percent)
6. Call of Duty: World at War (dt.) (64 votes, ca 3 percent)
7. Mass Effect /45 votes, ca 2 percent)
8. Sacred 2: Fallen Angel (36 votes, ca 2 percent)
9. Left 4 Dead (dt.) (35 votes, ca 2 percent)
10. Prince of Persia (24 votes, ca 1 percent)
It's a little surprising to see Crysis unchallenged on first place, while Far Cry 2, GTA 4 and Assassin's Creed placed second to fourth. We would have expected GTA 4 to be way ahead actually.
See the original list of games with too high hardware requirements and additional details at PC Games (German language!).
Other articles related to system requirements:
• The biggest hardware devourers of their times (part 2 with 44 pictures)
• Dawn of War II - Open multiplayer beta plus system requirements
• Fear 2: Project Origin - System requirements released, demo announced
PC-Spiele 2017: Games-Liste mit Release-Terminen [Update: Dungeons 3, Northgard, Nier Automata]