Battlefield 1943: New information and HD screenshots
The details that have been revealed by producer Gordon van Dyke refer to the console version of Battlefield 1943, but PC users can also find some interesting pieces of information.
The successor of the legendary Battlefield 1942 is supposed to be released in late summer. Gordon van Dyke primarily revealed technical improvements. So for example the native resolution on the PS3 will be 720p and the server performance has been noticeably enhanced. The controls have also been adjusted and for the process the developers also took user feedback into account: So now the sprint mode can now be activated by pressing a button once and the player doesn't have to keep the button pressed down as it has been the case up to now.
Below you can see a list of more details that have been mentioned:
• Headshots are deadly
• Aircraft carriers are not controllable or sinkable, but offer huge air raid defense capabilities
• Landing crafts can be sunk
• Shot down pilots and sailors cannot drown. They can (unlike BF 1942) swim until they reach the coastline
• Private matches can be created directly on a dedicated server
• Squads can be created and administrated before server join as well as during a match
• There could be more maps if Battlefield 1943 is successful
• There is no Bot A.I. but an optimized Match-Making system will ensure filled servers
• A test version (confirmed for consoles already) will become available on the release date
PC-Spiele 2016: Games-Liste mit Release-Terminen