Trackmania 2 officially announced
Nadeo has officially announced the next part of the Trackmania series. When the racing game will hit the markets has not been revealed though.
The developers of the popular Trackmania series, Nadeo, announced Trackmania 2 at the French gaming convention Festival de Jue Video. A release date has not been announced yet.
The German Trackmania blog as gathered the following information so far:
• Time of development up to now: Three years
• Environments in the game: Three
• Platforms: PC only
• Classification: Full game, no add-on
• Minimal system requirements: Not higher than for Trackmania Nations Forever
• Publisher: Focus Home Interactive in France and probably Deep Silver in Germany; information about other countries is not available yet
Furthermore Trackmania 2 is said to offer the following improvements compared to the predecessor:
• New lighting system
• Importing of own blocks into the game
• Maniascript: TM programming language for Manialinks and the Maniatracker
• Enhanced Mediatracker
• New game modes: Campaign, co-op, split screen, cup
• Enhanced track editor
• High Quality Video Shooting Mode
Currently there are two videos of the announcement at the convention. The first one shows game scenes of Trackmania 2 and the second shows the full announcement in French language.
PC-Spiele 2016: Games-Liste mit Release-Terminen [Update: Watch Dogs 2, Tyranny, Darksiders: Warmastered Edition]