The best 15 games at the Gamescom
The Gamescom 2009 proved it: Even at European trade fairs real games gems can be sighted. PC Games Hardware has elected the 15 best games of the Gamescom.
The Gamescom was a great success. 245,000 people visited the first Gamescom in Cologne - 17,000 were trade visitors. According to Kölnmesse 458 exhibitors from 31 countries covered 120,000 square meters. 248 exhibitors plus 11 additional companies came from Germany, 199 exhibitors and 2 additional companies came from other countries.
Above all they presented their game highlights for fall and next year: Rage, Mass Effect 2, Assassin's Creed 2, Diablo 3, Mafia 2 and many more. PC Games Hardware was on site and did not only take a close look to hardware but also to games and tested them. See below for all game hands-on tests.
The Gamescom has now been over for three days now and our PC Games Hardware editors are back at the office again. We talked about which games at the Gamescom were the best. We chose 15 of them and present them in our gallery. The selection is completely subjective and the order is from position 15 down to 1.
What are the games you liked best at the Gamescom? Please tell us in the commentaries.
PC Games Hardware hands-on tests at the Gamescom
• Diablo 3 - Techies do the hands-on test
• Modern Warfare 2 (Call of Duty): Nice graphics meet thunderous sounds
• Fireburst - First racing game with Unreal Engine 3
• Starcraft 2: Hands-on test reveals performance and texture problems
• Need for Speed Shift: Hands-on test with Triple Head 2 Go system and D-Box racing seat
• Hands-on test on Mass Effect 2
PC-Spiele 2017: Games-Liste mit Release-Terminen [Update: Vollgas, Outlast 2, The Surge, Strafe]