Battlefield 1943: Exact release date - Update: New trailer
New muddle about the release date of Battlefield 1943: Recently June 30 was said to be the release date for the console version of the 15 USD multiplayer game but now those rumors have been revoked.
In case Battlefield 1943 developer Dice sticks with the usual XBLA and PSN dates and the June release is true possible release dates would be June 4/5, June 10/11, June 17/18 and June 24/25. That has also been confirmed by Dice producer Gordon Van Dyke.
The PC version won't be available until three months later - which is September. According to Gordon Van Dyke on ve3d.ign.com the additional development time will be used to create a proper PC game and not only a simple console port. An exact release date for the PC version has not been confirmed yet.
Battlefield 1943 will be a pure multiplayer game and exclusively be available via download. Therefore the low price of 15 US dollar or 1,200 MS points respectively becomes explainable.
Update: July 3, 2009
While the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of Battlefield 1943 will be released on July 8 respectively July 9, the release date for Microsoft windows is still set to September 2009. The latest rumors say that EA wants to make a clean sweep today and deliver new information.
For the launch o the console versions a new, worth-seeing trailer showing the map Guadalcanal has been published and can be watched below. Have fun!
Background about Battlefield 1943:
The game resolution is said to be 720p on the Playstation 3 and should offer a considerably improved server performance. According to the players' wishes the controls have been adjusted, too. The sprint mode where one key had to be pushed down constantly has been removed by a one click version. Thus the action stays active until the player stops or executes another action.
• Headshots are deadly
• Aircraft carriers are not controllable or sinkable, but offer huge air raid defense capabilities
• Landing crafts can be sunk
• Shot down pilots and sailors cannot drown. They can (unlike BF 1942) swim until they reach the coastline
• Private matches can be created directly on a dedicated server
• Squads can be created and administrated before server join as well as during a match
• There could be more maps if Battlefield 1943 is successful
• There is no Bot A.I. but an optimized Match-Making system will ensure filled servers
• A test version (confirmed for consoles already) will become available on the release date
PC-Spiele 2017: Games-Liste mit Release-Terminen [Update: Far Cry 5, FIFA 18, PES 2018, The Crew 2]