EA cuts 1,100 jobs - The Godfather 2, the Sims 3 and Dragon Age are rescheduled
Because of rather poor financial figures EA announced to cut 1,100 jobs. Furthermore the release dates for several games have been delayed.
In the past quarter EA reached a turnover of $1.65 billion, a plus of ten percent. The losses have been bigger than expected though: $641 million - mainly cause by adjustments - have to be compensated. Because of the poor numbers EA announced to reduce its workforce by 1,100 employees. This is more than every tenth job.
EA also rescheduled the release dates for several big games. The Godfather 2 for example will be released on July 1st, 2009 and the role-playing game Dragon Age won't hit the markets before the second half of 2009. The Sims 3 is also delayed until June 2, 2009.
More facts related to EA games:
- FIFA 09 sold 7.8 million copies worldwide (all platforms)
- Need for Speed Undercover sold 5.3 million copies
- Warhammer Online has more than 300,000 subscribers in USA and Europe
- Battlefield Heroes: Beta will be closed on May 5, 2009
- Dead Space sold more than one million copies in the retail market
- Left 4 Dead sold more than 1.8 million copies in the retail market
- Mass Effect 2 will be released in April 2010 at the latest
- Battlefield: Bad Company 2 will be released in April 2010 at the latest
- Mirror's Edge sold more than one million copies in the retail market
PC-Spiele 2017: Games-Liste mit Release-Terminen [Update: Battlefront 2, CoD WW2, Friday the 13th]