World in Conflict: Patch 1.01 ready for download - Securom removed
With Patch 1.01 World in conflict is prepared for the add-on Soviet Assault. The update also fixes bugs and adds new content.
Massive Entertainment released a new patch for World in Conflict. Version 1.01 is the tenth update for the real-time strategy game and prepares it for Soviet Assault, which has been released today. But there are also some bug fixes and new features for the main game itself: For example a new difficulty level for multiplayer bots has been integrated. Helicopters can now attack targets right next to them. The balancing of the single-player missions has also been afjusted.
Most interesting: Massive Entertainment removed the Securom copy protection so that the game can be run without the disc.
- Securom protection has been removed, the DVD disc is no longer required in the drive during Single Player play.
- WIC now has a launcher application that shows the latest news from Massgate.
--- A -playonline command line option has been added. When used, the game starts at the Massgate login window.
--- Command line options will function as previously after pressing the Start Game-button.
- Added option to set bot difficulty level. Add bots to a multiplayer game (LAN or Massgate) to create a skirmish game.
- Multiplayer servers with outdated maps or maps the user is missing are highlighted in red in the server browser.
--- The names of the missing maps are shown in red in the Info-pane.
--- User will be warned when joining servers with maps they are missing.
--- When server cycles to a map the user is missing, the user will be kicked from the server.
- Admin spectators can now chat to both teams.
- The units and names of your friends on Massgate will now be colored green (same as names in the friends-list).
- Improved feedback to the clients when the host quits the game.
- Rank balance has been disabled for servers with bots on.
- In-game links that previously pointed to Massgate, e.g. the user profile picture, will now open a web browser window to the corresponding page on Massgate.net.
- Benchmark run now supports ghost runs and additional statistics.
- Improved compatibility with TV screens: Game now defaults to desktop resolution properly in 16:9 aspect ratios.
- Ad Hoc connectivity for wireless network cards. Windows XP users will need an update from Microsoft to run this.
- High resolution Line of Sight rendering on mini map and mega map (enable in Advanced Graphics options).
- Extra debris on explosions (enable in Advanced Graphics options).
Units and balancing:
- When an attack order is given while a unit is moving, the unit no longer stops before starting off towards the target.
- Increased visibility of TA markers.
- Max range and accuracy of Anti-Air Fortification has been increased.
- Armor piercing and blast radius of Carpet Bombing TA has been increased.
- Medium helicopters can now fire on targets directly beneath them.
- Demolition Engineers' "Demolition Charge" special ability now gives TA points and unit experience.
- Several balance changes and tweaks on Single Player missions.
- Improved the napalm and incendiary forest clearing code. Creating new paths to Command Points (on for instance Countryside) should now be a viable option.
- "Mute All" button should now always work.
- Fixed a bug where custom colors would sometimes carry over to other players.
- Fixed a bug where you could not vote via the buttons in the scoresheet.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes buildings would become untargettable for helicopters.
- Fixed a bug where helicopters could become impossible to attack during certain circumstances.
- Fixed a bug where "Enter nearest transport" would stop working.
- Fixed a bug where a request icon would catch clicks when it shouldn't.
- Fixed a bug where a unit icon wouldn't catch clicks the way it should.
- Fixed a bug where the "Waiting for players" screen would show an incorrect number of players.
- Fixed a bug with line of sight rendering issues on some graphic cards.
- Fixed a bug where game crashed when using heat haze without water reflection.
- Fixed a bug in road rendering when switching between high and low shader settings
- Fixed a bug that caused the wrong soundtrack to play on multiplayer end screens.
- Fixed various bugs on the do_Quarry map.
- Single Player missions now start automatically after the pre-mission prelude has finished.
- Seattle level has been optimized for better performance.
- Various stability issues have been solved.
- Several bug fixes and tweaks on Single Player missions.
PC-Spiele 2017: Games-Liste mit Release-Terminen [Update: Mass Effect: Andromeda, Project Cars 2, Conan Exiles]