Download: The Sims 3: Patch 1 (1.2.7) fixes various problems
Only a couple of weeks after the release of The Sims 3 the first patch, which fixes various problems, is available for download.
The first patch for The Sims 3 is available for download - less than a month after game release. According to the official games website www.thesims3.com the patch fixes some problems. Among other things, after installing the patch the game speeds 2 and 3 are said to run faster on some PCs.
Furthermore the audio code and the connection to AFP servers on Mac systems had caused crashes. Those errors have also been fixed now. The patch is available via the Sims 3 Launcher but the EA download manager should be installed first.
Complete list of changes:
• Addresses some issues with Speed 2 and 3 moving too slowly. Some machines will have better results when using Speed 2 and 3 now.
• Fix to story progression on/off selection toggle.
• Fix for a possible crash with audio code.
• Fix for babysitter routing off lots with babies.
• Addresses some issues with Vsync and refresh rate problems.
• Addresses some issues with DVD authentication errors and drive compatibility on startup.
• This update deals with some issues on Mac systems that can crash the game while connecting to AFP servers.
• Fix for a freeze that can occur when Sims attempt to clean out bad food from the fridge.
More interesting articles about The Sims 3:
• The Sims 3: Players complain about prices for additional contents
• The Sims 3: In-game tuning and comparison shots
• The Sims 3: CPU benchmarks and new quality comparison
• The Sims 3: System requirements and graphics comparison
• The Sims 3: No online authentication needed
PC-Spiele 2017: Games-Liste mit Release-Terminen [Update: Endless Space 2, Everspace, Steel Division: Normandy 44]