Battlefield 2: Patch 1.5 ready for download - Update: Alt Tab Fix and Full Patch
Patch 1.5 for Battlefield 2 is final. The update delivers new maps, bug fixes and enhancements for the technology.
Original article: September 2
Electronic Arts has released patch 1.5 for battlefield 2. Besides the map Operation Blue Pearl the update will also integrate the two Booster Packs Euro Force and Armored Fury. Given the massive content the patch is about 2 GiByte big.
Besides the new maps there will also be support for widescreen displays and an enhanced version of the hit detection. For the installation of patch 1.5 your Battlefield 2 game has to be update to version 1.41 in advance. Below you can see the Changelog from the appropriate Forum thread:
• Additional support for Windows Vista.
• Added Highway Tampa as a required map.
• Added a new map called Operation Blue Pearl.
• Added Euro Force and Armored Fury as free to play content for all Battlefield 2 players.
• Added Widescreen support
• Allowed BF2.exe to use more than 2Gb RAM
• Added support for the Novint Falcon controller
• Changes made to both the J10 and F35B to make them more balanced.
• AA targeting tweaked to make it more effective.
• Added checks to prevent "runway grieving".
• Various changes made to prevent cheating.
• Tweaked the hit detection, hits will be more accurate to the model.
• Occasional connection drops after being on a server a couple of minutes -
• Prevented use of mouse wheel to provide speed boost to vehicles
• Prevented use of mouse wheel to exploit parachutes
• Players can now pass claymores by going prone
• Update the HUD on TV Guided missiles to increase visibility on maps like
• Added Battlefield 2142 style prone deviation (going prone will now cause reduced accuracy for a brief period)
• Fixed the issue where picking up a players kit would cause CTD
• Updated BF2OpenAL.dll from version 126.96.36.199 to version 188.8.131.52
• Updated ch_gas_station collision mesh on Dragon Valley to be consistent with other gas station buildings
• Fixed the issue where MEC artillery piece on Operation Clean Sweep changes to the USMC's control when they capture the Airfield flag
• Updated the Challenger2 HUD to show the correct icon instead of the M1A2 HUD icon
• Changed a PLA FAV to MEC FAV on Road to Jalalabad
• Tweaked the artillery respawn time on Dragon Valley for to 360 seconds as other artillery uses
• Included a delay after weapon switch for the Bizon (PP-19) to 0.666
• Updated the F35B's lock delay to 1 second instead of 1.5 seconds to match other aircraft
• Changed the Humvee camo on Taraba Quarry to be the correct design
• Increased the splash damage of the UH-60 (Black Hawk) guns from 0.25 to 1.5
• Updated the G36E HUD to react the same as other weapons during sprint
Update: September 09, 2009
Dice's Associate Producer Barry "Bazajaytee” announced in the official forum that the Alt Tab problem, which is caused by Patch 1.5, has been solved. In order to fix it you need to follow the steps below:
• Download the alt Tab Fix (at the end of the article)
• Unzip it into the Battlefield 2 main folder (Patch 1.5 has to be installed already)
• Confirm the replacement of the old files
• Delete the cache folder in My Documents/Battlefield 2/Mods/bf2
• Run the games as usual
The process of installing the last full patch 1.41 plus patch 1.5 and the new fix will be unnecessary soon. Dice is working on a new full patch which will finally exceed the 2 GiByte limit. A release date for the forthcoming patch has not been revealed yet.
PC-Spiele 2017: Games-Liste mit Release-Terminen [Update: Far Cry 5, FIFA 18, PES 2018, The Crew 2]