Star Wars: The Old Republic - More screenshots of the online RPG
New screenshots of Bioware's forthcoming online RPG Star Wars: The Old Republic have been released.
The screenshots introduce some characters and give an impression of the graphics. For The Old Republic Bioware uses the Hero Engine from Simutronics, a technology especially optimized for online games.
The advantages of the Hero Engine are that all designers can work on regions and quests on a server at the same time and that the distribution of updates is easier than it is with other engines.
More about Star Wars/Science Fiction:
• PC games in the Star Wars Universe (part 1: 1983 to 2000)
• PC games in the Star Wars Universe (part 2: From 2000 until today)
• Battlefront 3: The first render images of Han Solo & Co.
• Jedi Academy: Maxed out graphics with extreme FSAA modes
• PCGH special: Spaceships in games