Race Driver GRID: Graphics cards benchmarked
The demo version of Race Driver: GRID was relesed at the weekend. PCGH checked how a 8800 GT and a HD 3870 deal with the game.
The opinions about the demo version of Race Driver: Grid are diversified. Many people say it isn't matching the visual appearance of the released screenshots and trailers. But gaming quality is also topic to many discussions.
We at PCGH tested the demo ourselves and created he following, absolutely biased pro-/contra listing.
- Graphics (except the surroundings) nicely lighted, very good vehicles
- Animated audience reacting to manner of driving
- Rich sound
- Well made damage pattern
- No mouse navigation in menu
- Changes to graphics/sound require a restart
- Using the keyboard needs getting used to => using a gamepad works best
Race Driver: Grid benchmarked
We chose the San Francisco Grand Prix to use Fraps for our PCGH benchmark. For our test system we took a C2D E6850 @ 3 GHz. With all the resolutions we activated quad Anti Aliasing and 16:1 AF.
While running in 1,280x1,024 is leading by about 30 percent, the advantage is melting away to about 12 percent with 1,920x1,200. The pictures below offer more information.
PC-Spiele 2017: Games-Liste mit Release-Terminen [Update: Battlefront 2, CoD WW2, Friday the 13th]