Race Driver Grid: Better graphics with Ultra High Mod
The modding scene of Race Driver Grid is still active. PCGH checked a current ultra quality mod and reveals, what optical improvements can be made.
There are a lot of modding projects for Race Driver Grid, but one caught our attention: the Ultra Quality Mod from the 3D Center Forum.
Below you will find a list of the changes made by the modification:
- increasing the range for displaying shadows on some tracks (not final, yet), about factor 1.5
- increasing the range for displaying details of the track: from 30 m to 1,000m
- altering Mip Map settings, textures should now be displayed in detail up to max range of view
- adding different resolutions for mirror (low 1,024 x 256, medium 2,048 x 512, high 4,096 x 1,024 , ultra 8,192 x 2,048)
- proper mirror in combination with Enhanced Ultra Mod (increases work load by about 50%)
- fixing in-game AA mode parameters (mirror gets smoothed too for example)
- ultra high details for vehicles: displayed like in replay mode
- improved display of vegetation; Now visible up to 4,000m up ahead - 1,200m in high detail
- adjusting settings for shadows and reflections; direct access between 128 and 4.096; reflections in HQ mode generate more textures.
- increasing limit of displaying particles and emitters
- particle option Ultra equals 6,000 particles; option ultra high equals 9,000
- adjusting Shader options for better visualization
In our picture gallery you can find several comparative screenshots, so you can an idea of the work done by the modders.
PC-Spiele 2017: Games-Liste mit Release-Terminen [Update: Dungeons 3, Northgard, Nier Automata]