Bullguard and Steelseries introduce a security software especially for gamers
The security specialists of Bullguard introduced a Internet Security software optimized for gamers. The "Gamer's Edition” was develop in cooperation with Steelseries.
According to Bullguard, the Gamer's Edition combines security with playability. Typical disturbing factors, like pop-up windows or automated updates that constrict the internet transfer rate, are no problem anymore. If a preassigned game is started, the software switches to the optimized game mode. The appropriate profiles contain individual firewall and antivirus settings for the games. They make sure that notifications are blocked and automated updates are delayed in order to keep the processor workload as low as possible.
A recent poll with 2000 gamers by Bullguard and Steelseries revealed that 20 percent don't protect their PC at all while playing. More than halve of the remaining 80 percent said that the security software they use, lowers their gaming experience. Thus it seems like there is a demand for optimized software.
The Bullguard Gamer's Edition is available for €49.99 per year.