Killer Xeno Pro: Evga announces cooperation with Bigfoot Networks
Evga will release the Killer Xeno Pro, a high-end network card based on the Bigfoot Networks technology.
Via press release Evga announced cooperation with Bigfoot Networks and will offer the Evga Killer Xeno Pro. Thus Evga, usually known for graphics cards and motherboards, is the first company to sell a Bigfoot device. The card is supposed to deliver enhanced network features, an integrated audio chip for better voice chat and onboard memory for applications like firewalls or voice chat. According to TCMagazine the Killer Xeno Pro will be released in April and cost about $130.
Evga press release (excerpt):
EVGA Announces Killer Xeno Pro
Brea, California and Munich, Germany - March 23, 2009 —
EVGA Corporation, the leading-edge 3D NVIDIA graphics cards and motherboard manufacturer, today announced a partnership with Bigfoot Networks, to release the EVGA Killer Xeno™ Pro. This new product comes with more memory, an upgraded network processing unit (NPU), and integrated audio for hardware-accelerated voice-chat, all designed to bring gamers the ultimate online experience. EVGA is Bigfoot's first exclusive third party AIB partner to license Killer Xeno and distributed under the EVGA brand.
"We are extremely excited to partner with EVGA to deliver the Killer Xeno Pro to gamers across the globe," said Michael Howse, Bigfoot Networks CEO & President. "The EVGA Killer Xeno Pro using Bigfoot technology delivers the absolute best online experience, for this generation and next generation games."
"EVGA is excited to be offering this new technology to the online gamers," said Andrew Han, president and CEO, EVGA. "This new product improves the online experience and fits in perfectly with the high performance products that EVGA offers."
The Killer Xeno Pro delivers the ultimate online gaming experience, decreasing latency and offering better framerates, thus enabling smoother gameplay. Key features of the Killer Xeno Pro include:
• PCI-E interface: provides for higher throughput.
• Killer Xeno NPU: dedicated smart packet processor for all network operations, ensures the delivery of time sensitive data like game control and VoIP.
• Plug and Play compatibility with all games.
• Windows network stack bypass: provides for direct to game interrupts.
• Integrated audio chip: offloads VoIP operations to Killer Xeno Pro NPU for '"hiccup-free" voice communications while gaming.
• 128MB on board RAM: enables applications such as Firewall, VoIP chat and bandwidth control to run on the card simultaneously with no system performance degradation.
• Firewall: Stops intruders with zero gaming performance impact. Based on robust Linux iptable implementation.
• Bandwidth control: Prioritize network traffic for each application by setting bandwidth priorities and max/min limits through a simple interface.