Realtek's HD Audio 2.15 driver with Windows 7 fix ready for download
The latest download of Realtek's HD audio driver version 2.15 is available for Windows XP and Vista -it supposedly runs under Windows 7, too. The corresponding Linux drivers are still in version 5.09 and the separate HDMI drivers for Radeon HD cards still in version 2.13.
The HD audio driver version 2.15 for Realtek chips is available for download on our server - for logged in users as 1-Click-Download - or on the official Realtek website (often slow FTP). The update is available for Windows XP and Vista, the files contain drivers for the 32 Bit and 64 Bit versions. All Realtek HD audio chips, which are common on many motherboards and in notebooks, are supported.
The sound specialist still offers the Beta version 0.1 of the 3D Sound Back Utility which preserves or reactivates 3D sound effects such as Surround, reverb and stereoscopic effects of older games under Windows Vista. Since it is a beta version, the use is used at one's own risk only. You should backup your important files before using the software.
Here is an extract from the changelog . Unfortunately improvements of performance are rare for new audio drivers. An uninstall problem in Windows 7 has now been fixed.
Driver Package R2.15
Realtek HD Audio Driver support all of Realtek HD Audio Codec in Vista/WinXP/Win2000/Win2003 .
1. Vista WHQL Supporting: ALC882, ALC883, ALC885, ALC888, ALC889, ALC861VD, ALC660, ALC662, ALC663, ALC665, ALC260, ALC262,ALC267, ALC268, ALC269, ALC272, ALC273, ALC887
2. Windows 2000/XP WHQL Supporting: ALC880, ALC882, ALC883, ALC885, ALC888, ALC889, ALC861VC, ALC861VD, ALC660, ALC662, ALC663, ALC665, ALC260, ALC262, ALC267,ALC268, ALC269, ALC272, ALC273, ALC887
3. HDMI Device WHQL Support: ATI HDMI Devices
4. OS Supporting: Microsoft WindowsXP, Widnows2000, Vista x86/x64
5. Pack with Microsoft High Definition Audio UAAV1.0a(5013)
1.) Driver :
2. Change Creative components for the certain customers.
2.) Package :
1. Change Japanese language on finish Dialog of installation .
2. Fix DCC uninstalled issue. Both MSI and GUID uninstallation procedure supported .
3. Fix uninstall problem in Windows 7 . The DIFxAPI DLL file supported in Windows 7