Realtek's HD audio 2.11 driver available for download
The brand-new download of the HD audio driver version 2.11 for Realtek's HD audio chips is available for Windows XP and Vista. The corresponding Linux drivers are still in version 5.09, the separate HDMI drivers for Radeon HD cards still in version 2.09 and also the 3D Sound Back tool is stagnating on Beta 0.1 status.
The HD audio driver version 2.11 is available for download on our server - for logged in users as 1-Click-Download - or on the Realtek website. The update is available for Windows XP and Vista, the files contain drivers for the 32 Bit and 64 Bit versions. The offered Linux driver has finally reached the revision number 5.09 and is also available below this article in the download section.
All Realtek HD audio chips which are common on many mainboards and in notebooks are supported. The download can be found directly on the Realtek website (often slow FTP).
The sound specialist still offers the Beta version 0.1 of the 3D Sound Back Utility which preserves or reactivates 3D sound effects such as Surround, reverb and stereoscopic effects of older games under Windows Vista. Since it is a beta version, the use is allowed at one's own risk only. You should backup your important files before using the software.
Here is an extract from the changelog - unfortunately improvements of performance are rare for new audio drivers, the PDF says nothing about details except for "Customizations”. Only the support for the ALC665 chip has been added.
Driver Package R2.11
Realtek HD Audio Driver support all of Realtek HD Audio Codec in Vista/WinXP/Win2000/Win2003 .
1. Vista WHQL Supporting: ALC882, ALC883, ALC885, ALC888, ALC889, ALC861VD, ALC660, ALC662, ALC663, ALC665, ALC260, ALC262,ALC267, ALC268, ALC269, ALC272, ALC273, ALC887
2. Windows 2000/XP WHQL Supporting: ALC880, ALC882, ALC883, ALC885, ALC888, ALC889, ALC861VC, ALC861VD, ALC660, ALC662, ALC663, ALC665, ALC260, ALC262, LC267,ALC268, ALC269, ALC272, ALC273, ALC887
3. HDMI Device WHQL Support: ATI HDMI Devices
4. OS Supporting: Microsoft WindowsXP, Windows2000, Vista x86/x64
5. Pack with Microsoft High Definition Audio UAAV1.0a(5013)
1.) Driver :
2. Add DisplayVersion registry key in INF files