MySN XMG8 Xtreme Gaming: 18.4 inch SLI laptop pictured
Another test sample wants to show off what it got: SLI gaming notebook mySN XMG8 Xtreme Gaming arrived at our office.
PC Games Hardware just received the 18.4 inch mySN XMG8 Xtreme Gaming notebook. Our sample offers the following configuration:
• 18.4 inch Full HD Active Matrix Glare TFT with a native resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels
• Intel Core 2 Duo T9900 with 3.06 GHz, 6 MiByte L2 cache, 1066 MHz FSB and 35W TDP
• Two Nvidia Geforce GTX 280M with 1024 MiByte GDDR3 VRAM each
• Two 2048 MiByte SO-DIMMs DDR3-1066
• Three 2.5 inch Seagate Momentus hard drives with 7200 rpm and 500 GByte capacity each (overall capacity 1.5 terabyte)
• DVD dual layer writer
• Intel Wireless WIFI Link 5100AGN plus internal Bluetooth module
• Microsoft Vista Home Premium 64 Bit with Windows 7 upgrade option
The mySN XMG8 18.4 inch laptop will have to show if it can deliver the gaming performance that is promised by the components. The first impression is quite satisfying, but on the gloss paint finish you can see every single fingerprint.
The configuration of the new XMG8 series that we received costs almost 3000 Euros. A detailed review with classification and benchmarks will follow soon. As usual you can find some pictures of the XMG8 Xtreme Gaming in our gallery below. You might also want to check the Alienware M17x Gamer Notebook.