Mass Effect Patch 1.02 available for download
After the DLC Bring Down the Sky and patch 1.01 developer Bioware now publishes the second patch 1.02 for the RPG Mass Effect.
Bioware made the 70 MByte patch 1.02 for all loyal fans of the RPG Mass Effect including the add-on Bring Down the Sky. Despite the announcement of the successor Mass Effect 2 Bioware does not leave its customers out in the rain.
Patch 1.02 for Mass Effect can be found on our servers below this article or for instance at Patches-Scrolls.
• The player will no longer become stuck in the Feros elevator
• Quickslot abilities are now disabled in elevators
• The pixilated bloom and DoF on Radeon x1650 and x1950 cards has been addressed
• GPF crashes when playing Quasar have been addressed
• The player's weapon will not auto fire if the fire button is released as an active loading screen appears
• Low LOD on Garrus' face has been addressed
• Reconfiguring the PRIMARY INTERACT key (Default set to E) to any other key will no longer make the ENTER key interact TWICE when used.
• Player will not become stuck in his action station in elevators (primarily occurred in the Peak 15 elevators)
• Occasional crash when encountering Rachni on UNC_73 has been addressed
• Using the enter key to add and remove talent points will function properly
• GUI: Pressing U when first getting control of Shepard and then pressing ESC to close it will not cause the player to lose all input functionality
• Romance confrontation conversation will fire after 3rd planet complete
• The player will no longer become stuck when using the Enter key rather than the primary interact key to initiate conversation with certain followers on the Normandy
• Audio skipping during conversations has been addressed
• Addressed cases where Realtec HD audio users were experiencing issues with cut off / crackling audio after patching the game to version 1.01
• The issue regarding dynamic character shadows appearing grainy has been resolved.
• Nihilus and all Turians are no longer missing their face markings
• The issue of Garrus having no lighting on his face until a save is loaded has been addressed
• The game will now create save files when "My Documents" is set to the root of a drive
• The issue where PCs with NVIDIA GeForce 8xxx and above video cards were experiencing random General Protection Fault crashes appears to have been fixed with the GeForce 182.06+ drivers. Please ensure when playing Mass Effect that all PC drivers are up to date.
The free add-on Bring Down the Sky tells a new and about 90 minutes long story line. The player will explore the world of the dangerous Batarian alien race. The Batarians set a mobile asteroid station on a collision course with the nearby planet Terra Nova and only Commander Shepard can avert a disaster. DLC Bring Down the Sky is the first of a series of planned download contents which will expand the Mass Effect universe. Further information about the download and an installation guide for the add-on can be found at Patches-Scrolls. For using the add-on a free registration for a new installation key is required.
The download of patch 1.01 for Mass Effect is available as well. Patch 1.01 offers better compatibility with AMD 4-core systems, fixes audio problems and changes some explanation texts. The complete changelog is as follows:
• added some infrastructure support for additional downloadable content
• updated the image of the Batarian race in the codex
• fixed an issue where the center channel for hardware audio wouldn't play correctly sometimes
• fixed an issue where the hardware mouse pointer would disappear when first selected
• fixed an issue where Shepard did not auto-crouch when entering cover in some places
• fixed a tool-tip indicating a game restart is needed before enabling hardware or software audio if the option was changed
• fixed an issue where ambient conversation would not be heard from rear speakers sometimes
• fixed a text string to make it clearer on how to exit a vehicle
• fixed a text string so the tool top for dragging the map is clearer in French languages builds
Mass Effect Configuration Utility
• fixed a crash running on certain multi-core AMD systems
• fixed an issue where video RAM was not being reported properly on certain cards