Mass Effect 2 Patch 1.01 ready for download - No Eyefinity fix mentioned
The first patch for the PC Version of Mass Effect 2 has been released. The update to version 1.01 delivers several bug fixes and single-core related improvements. But a solution for the surround gaming resolution problem is not mentioned.
Just recently Bioware and EA released the first patch for Mass Effect 2. The second part of the Sci-Fi Trilogy is brought to version 1.01. According to the changelog, which can be found quoted below, some problems related to single-core systems have been fixed along with several other bugs. Unfortunately there is no fix mentioned for the problems with Eyefinity PC Games Hardware reported about shortly after the game was released.
Logged in PCGH users can download Mass Effect Patch 1.01 at the end of the page. Alternatively you can also visit the official post in the Bioware Social Network.
Changes to 1.01
* Fixed video hitching and crashes related to single core machines.
* Single core users may experience short periods of black screen that may last up a few seconds between level loads, cinematic transitions or movies.
* In rare cases, some single core users may notice dialog lines in certain conversations may be delayed up to a few seconds.
* Fixed an issue where it appears ammunition can be picked up, but can't.
* Fixed an issue where all Codex entries were marked as 'viewed', even if the player chose not to view them.
* Fixed an issue where weapon icons are re-organized after downloadable content is used.
* Fixed an issue where pressing F9 after the mission completion screen reset Shepard to Level 1.
* Fixed an issue where remapping the right mouse button blocks camera control in the command HUD.
* Fixed an issue where remapping the 'use' command affects the decryption minigame.
* Fixed an issue where users were not prompted to restart when logging in to a different EA Online account.
* Fixed an issue where movies do not play in DLC.
* It is recommended that players reset their keyboard mapping to default values to ensure proper vehicle control.
* Added useful messaging during the ME1 save game import.
* Weapon icon for henchmen never changes from Collector Assault Rifle.
* Czech language - Issues with Czech localization (subtitles) were amended, all text was corrected and improved.
* Fixed an issue where the Mass Effect 2 launcher was being associated with files that have no extension.
* Fixed an issue where uninstalling the game under Windows Vista or Windows 7 might uninstall Mass Effect 1.