Corsair Extreme Series: Three new Solid-State Drives introduced
Corsair extends the solid-state drive product array with three new devices.
Three new solid-state drives have been added to Corsair's Extreme Series. Those new SSDs have capacities of 32, 64 or 128 GByte. The new products are equipped with a Indilinx Barefoot Controller, Samsung MLC flash memory and 63 MByte cache.
The devices are said to reach the following transfer rates:
• X32: 220 MB/s read; 135 MB/s write
• X64: 220 MB/s read; 135 MB/s write
• X128: 240 MB/s read; 170 MB/s write
The new three new Corsair SSDs have been listed by European online shops for about 130 Euros (32 GB), 190 Euros (64 GB) and 315 Euros (128 GB).
More articles related to solid-state drives:
• Maxflash introduces Rapstore Solid State Drive
• E3: Fusion-io introduces the Ioxtreme version of the PCI-E SSD
• Sandisk ships second pSSD generation for netbooks