GTA 4 (PC): Version 188.8.131.52 is ready for download
Patch 4 for GTA 4 has been released. The download is 56 MByte big and updates the game to version 184.108.40.206 delivering only few improvements.
GTA 4 Patch 4 (220.127.116.11): June 22, 2009
Rockstar has released Patch 4 for GTA 4 which brings the game to version 18.104.22.168. According to the readme file the only thing changed is: "Resource management adjustments based on the operating system detected.” What this means for the PC gamers will probably be revealed soon. As usual logged in PCGH users can download the patch below.
GTA 4 Patch 3 (22.214.171.124): March 23, 2009
Patch 126.96.36.199 for the PC version of GTA 4 has been released. Given the many enhancements listed in the change log and the first positive reactions of the GTA 4 fans the 55 MByte big update is worth the download. PC Games Hardware is currently running benchmarks and it seems like the performance has been increased. One thing the patch definitely improves is the recognition of graphics cards with more than 1 GiByte video memory.
Among several bug fixes the Patch 188.8.131.52 also delivers new options like the possibility to switch shadows or reflections on and off even without modifying the game files. You can download Patch 184.108.40.206 for GTA 4 from Rockstar's website. Logged in members of the PCGH community can also use the One-Click-Download below.
* Interior Lights for ATI 1900 series cards:
- All light sources appear for users with 1900 series ATI cards. (ie. Pool Mini Game)
- ALT-TAB fixed
* Graphics Settings:
- Added menu option " OFF " for Reflection quality
- Added menu option " OFF " for Shadow quality
* Physics optimizations to improve situations with heavy physics calculations (ie. 32 player races)
* Graphical Performance Optimizations
* NAT Type detection
- Detect if user has a " strict " NAT and displays message for user
* Voice chat is received even if your microphone is turned off
* Keyboard / Mouse
- Remapping restrictions removed
- Allow Enter, Backspace, and Arrow keys to be remapped by user
- Allow multiple mouse buttons to be mapped
* Enable/Disable DirectInput in Menu
- Users can now activate/deactivate Direct Input devices from "Controls" menu.
- If commandline "-usedirectinput" is active, it will override pause menu setting.
* Use 2 direct input devices simultaneously (ie. Wheel and Gamepad)
- Users can now use 2 different controllers at once, including 1 XInput and 1 Direct Input device.
* Added more Direct Input / XInput device support
- Saitek P380/P480/P580/P990
- Saitek PS1000/PS2700/P3200/P3600
- Gravis Eliminator Shock gamepad
* Detect modified files and prevent users from entering multiplayer if found
- Game will prompt with a message after blocking user with modified data files from entering multiplayer
- Should prevent multiplayer access from cell phone and GFWL join in progress
* Scroll Bar improved response
- Tweaked to respond better to keyboard inputs
* Sped up load times for users with many clips
TITLE UPDATE 2 FIXES:
* Return of Hot Dog Stands and other props
- Missing hot dog vendors, fences, gates, pylons should be present throughout the world.
* Scrolling signboards
- Activate missing scrolling signboard text (ie. highway signs, Star Junction, Clock Tower Sign)
* ALT-TAB pauses game during cutscenes
- Cutscenes should now pause and resume correctly after an ALT-TAB task switch. Audio remains in sync.
GENERAL ADDITIONS / FIXES:
* Mismatched MODO/Perseus Clothing
- Fixed a bug when Niko mixes clothing from Perseus and Modo
* 360 Controller Texture
- Controller image should be visible in Controller Configuration screen
More articles related to GTA 4:
• GTA 4: Making full use of 512 MiByte graphics cards
• GTA 4 versus Real Life: Times Square at night
• GTA 4 (PC): Tuning the video options for better graphics