GTA 4 (PC): Tuning the video options for better graphics
The Ultimate Graphics Tweak for the PC version of GTA 4 enables an improved visual quality. PC Games Hardware introduces the functionality.
In Grand Theft Auto IV you normally can't switch Depth of Field, Motion Blur and Smooth Shadows on and off individually. Thus the gamer can only activate or deactivate them all at once. But especially Depth of Field and Motion Blur are the reason for heated discussions among the fans since the effects appear to be artificial in certain circumstances or make textures blurry at greater distances.
The Ultimate Graphics Tweak for GTA 4, which is introduced in detail at the GTA Forums, solves the problem. The author offers individual downloads for each combination of the three effects so that the gamer can choose which effects should be active and which shouldn't. Switching off Depth of Field and Motion Blur seems to be especially interesting. The visual difference can be seen in the comparison below.
See the GTA Forums for detailed information, an install guide and additional comparisons.
More articles related to GTA 4 (PC):
• GTA 4: Making full use of 512 MiByte graphics cards
• GTA 4 (PC): Intel Core i7 far ahead of Core 2 Quad in CPU benchmarks
• GTA 4 (PC) Tuning: More fps with tweaked reflections
• GTA 4 (PC): Best graphics in town
• GTA 4 versus Real Life: Times Square at night
• GTA 4 (PC) at 5,040 x 1,050 pixels