GTA 4 (PC): New Patch 188.8.131.52 ready for download
The second patch for GTA 4 (PC) has been released. The 34 MiByte big update solves problems that have been existent for some time already.
According to Rockstar the second patch for the PC version of Grand Theft Auto IV is supposed to solve diverse problems and bugs.
The most important changes:
- New entries in the video options
- Optimization of the renderer
- Diverse input related changes
- Less crashes
Registered users can get the patch as a One-Click-Download below. Alternatively you can download patch 184.108.40.206 from Rockstar's website or get it via Games for Windows Live.
What are your experiences with the new patch? Use the comments to give your opinion on the update.
More articles related the GTA 4 (PC):
• GTA 4 (PC): Intel Core i7 far ahead of Core 2 Quad in CPU benchmarks
• GTA 4 versus Real Life: Times Square at night
• GTA 4 (PC): Best graphics in town
• GTA 4 (PC) Tuning: More fps with tweaked reflections
GRAPHICS FIXES / ADDITIONS:
* Graphics Menu:
o Added "Water Quality", "Shadow Quality" and "Reflection Resolution" sliders in graphics menu.
o Added "Definition" and "VSync" toggles in graphics menu.
* Rendering optimizations.
* VSync optimizations.
* Nvidia 7000 series
o Mirrors fixed
PATCH 1 FIXES:
* Direct input device support is now disabled by default and can only be enabled with the commandline: "-usedirectinput"
* Supported Controllers:
o Logitech Dual Action
o Logitech RumblePad 2
o Logitech Cordless RumblePad 2
o Saitek P2500
* Supported Wheels:
* Note: Controls are unmapped, user must map controls using Manufacturer's mapping software.
o Logitech G25 Racing Wheel
o Logitech Wingman Formula GP Wheel
o Logitech MOMO Racing
o MOMO Force
o Driving Force Pro
o Driving Force
o Formula Force
* Added Commandline "-notimefix" which will help some users who are experiencing the fast/slow gameplay issue after patch 1 was applied.
* Fixed a bug that caused some users to experience endless looping audio effects after Patch 1 was applied.
* Benchmark was disabling sounds after Patch 1 was applied, this is now fixed.
* Unable to load game fixed - For some users, a DOS window would open and close immediately upon Game Launch, GTA IV would never launch.
* Hang on Initial Game Loading Screen fixed - Some users experienced Character Art Loading screens in an endless loop.
* Certain causes of the RESC10 error have been fixed (Alt-Tab, change resolution). If you experience an RESC10 error, you must restart.
* Certain Instances of the "GRAND THEFT AUTO IV has encountered a problem and needs to close" error have been fixed.
* Naming clips is now mandatory on Export
* Legitimate players being kicked from Multiplayer matches has been fixed.
GENERAL ADDITIONS / FIXES:
* Wireless 360 controllers not functioning - Triggers were full on/off, fixed.
* In the Options menu accessed from the Title Screen a "Game” section has been added with the ability to turn Clip capture on/off.