PCGH Review: Radeon HD 4670 and HD 4650
Today AMD's new Radeon cards HD 4670 and HD 4650 enter the competition of the mainstream graphics cards and the RV730 has to demonstrate its capabilities.
With the RV730 AMD continues the "Transitioning" strategy. PCGH checks if their plan is successful. We compared the HD 4670 with several other cards of the same price range - it is said to cost about €70 - and added some more expensive chips to visualize the overall market position.
It is commonly known that the HD 4670 is, with its 320 ALUs and regardless of the only 128 bit wide interface, faster than the direct predecessor HD 3650. The comparison with other GPUs available for €70 (or even less), is more interesting. A HD 3850, which is available with 512 MiByte in this price sector, unfortunately is not part of our review, because we only have cards with 256 MiByte at the moment.
|Transition||HD 4670||HD 3870||HD 2900|
|Taktrate Chipkern (MHz)||750||775||742|
|Buswidth VRAM (Bits)||128||256||512|
|Taktrate VRAM (MHz)||1.000||1.125||999|
The memory interface shrunk to a quarter of its former size, but the number of TLUs was doubled and DX 10.1 support was integrated. Most impressive is the reduction of the Die size from once 429 mm² of the R600 to only 150 mm² of the RV730. That's about the size of the RV530 that was used with on the X1600 series.
- 1PCGH Review: Radeon HD 4670 and HD 4650
- 2PCGH Review: Radeon HD 4670 and HD 4650 - Technology
- 3PCGH Review: Radeon HD 4670 and HD 4650
- 4PCGH Review: Radeon HD 4670 and HD 4650 New Catalyst Beta
- 5PCGH Review: Radeon HD 4670 and HD 4650 - Test system
- 6PCGH Review: Radeon HD 4670 and HD 4650: Assassin's Creed
- 7PCGH Review: Radeon HD 4670 and HD 4650: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
- 8PCGH Review: Radeon HD 4670 and HD 4650: Crysis (Direct X 10)
- 9PCGH Review: Radeon HD 4670 and HD 4650: Race Driver Grid
- 10PCGH Review: Radeon HD 4670 and HD 4650: Conclusion
- 11Bildergalerie zu "PCGH Review: Radeon HD 4670 and HD 4650"
Grafikkarten-Rangliste 2017: 30 Radeon- und Geforce-GPUs im Benchmarkvergleich [März]