Nvidia launches Geforce 200M GPU series with GT200 and GDDR5
Today Nvidia announced the completion of the Geforce 200M deries of GPUs. The Geforce 200M Series is engineered to deliver twice the graphics performance with half the power budget for every market segment. The Geforce 200M series are Windows 7-ready and provides GPU computing horsepower for the growing number of GPU accelerated applications.
These new GPUs should deliver up to 2x the performance of the GPUs they are replacing and up to half the power consumption. The new GPUs include the Geforce GTS 260M, Geforce GTS 250M, Geforce GT 240M, Geforce GT 230M, and Geforce G210M. They join the Geforce GTX 280M, Geforce GTX 260M to complete the Geforce 200M Series.
At a high-level these chips are based on the current high-end desktop architecture, so they have all the compute benefits of that style GPU. There were also adjustments in the micro-architecture to improve battery life and overall graphics performance compared to the previous generation, and also enhancements from the process shrink to 40nm. Cuda, Hybrid Power, Physix, SLI and DirectX 10.1 are supported.
• Geforce 200M series GPUs deliver up to twice the performance of the previous generation GPUs.
• Geforce 200M series GPUs consume up to 50% less power than the previous generation GPUs.
• Enjoy the most immersive gaming experience and new levels of realism using Nvidia PhysX technology.
• Ensure the highest possible performance and game compatibility using Direct Notebook Drivers from nvidia.com.
• Full support for Blu-ray (including BD Live!) and a perfect HQV HD score translate to unrivaled visual quality for HD content
• Up to 96-core Cuda processors brings new visual computing applications and dramatic new functionality to the notebook market.
Grafikkarten-Rangliste 2017: 30 Radeon- und Geforce-GPUs im Benchmarkvergleich [März]