Alleged prices for the Radeon HD 5850, 5870 and 5870 X2 sighted
About a week before the expected introduction of the new Evergreen family it seems like the pricing for the graphics cards has been unveiled.
AMD is supposed to introduce the first DirectX 11 graphics cards next week. The first shipments to the retailers will roll out soon after that. Brightsideofnews.com now wants to have found out about the first concrete details of the prices AMD has set for the Evergreen family. Right after the release the graphics card are supposed to cost the following:
• Radeon HD 5850 - 279 to 299 US-Dollars
• Radeon HD 5870 - 379 to 399 US-Dollars
• Radeon HD 5870 X2 - 599 US-Dollars
AMD probably lower the prices as soon as Nvidia launches comparable products. The position of the new RV870 chips is said to be rotated by 90 degrees, just like the R600 - only bigger. We will publish new information about that matter as soon as it becomes available.
Besides that it is reported by digitimes.com that Nvidia will have Engineering Samples of appropriate Geforce graphics cards with a GT300 chip ready by late September. But the first shipments to retailers aren't expected until December.
More articles related to graphics cards and DirectX 11:
• Nvidia GT300 pre launch event in September?
• DirectX 11: Frostbite 2 engine (Battlefield) uses Compute Shader for Deferred Shading
• Dirt 2: The best looking racing game due to DirectX 11?
Grafikkarten-Rangliste 2017: 30 Radeon- und Geforce-GPUs im Benchmarkvergleich [März]