Download: Nvidia Geforce 186.18 WHQL for Windows 7, Vista and XP
Nvidia delivers a new WHQL version of the Geforce graphics cards driver. The Geforce 186.18 WHQL is now available for download.
The Geforce WHQL graphics driver package always includes the latest Physx version and support many graphics cards of the Geforce series. The Geforce 186.18 is Nvidia's next WHQL driver that officially supports Windows 7.
According to Nvidia the Geforce 186.16 WHQL delivers the following features:
• Numerous bug fixes. More information can be found in the release documentation.
• Installs the new PhysX System Software version 9.09.0428.
You can download the Geforce 185.85 WHQL in Nvidia's Download Center
With the Geforce 185/186 Nvidia already introduced the following improvements:
- Adds support for CUDA 2.2 for improved performance in GPU Computing applications.
- Expanded GPU hardware acceleration for the Nvidia Video Encoding library to GPUs with less than 32 cores. Applications using this library include CyberLink PowerDirector 7, Nero Move it 1.5, Loilo SuperLoiloScope MARS, and CyberLink MediaShow Espresso.
- Accelerates performance in several 3D applications and, compared to Release 182 drivers, delivers:
up to 25% performance increase in The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
up to 22% performance increase in Crysis: Warhead with antialiasing enabled
up to 11% performance increase in Fallout 3 with antialiasing enabled
up to 14% performance increase in Far Cry 2
up to 30% performance increase in Half-Life 2 engine games with 3-way and 4-way SLI
up to 45% performance increase in Mirror's Edge with antialiasing enabled
- Numerous bug fixes.
Grafikkarten-Rangliste 2016: 32 Radeon- und Geforce-GPUs im Benchmarkvergleich [Oktober]