Download: Catalyst 9.4 WHQL
Uncommonly early in the month AMD has released the latest Catalyst driver package for HD Radeon graphics cards.
The official Catalyst 9.4 has been released quite early. The support of the April driver is, as expected, limited to the Radeon graphics cards of the HD series only, but also includes Mirosofts forthcoming Windows 7.
You can download the Catalyst 9.4 WHQL from game.amd.com or, as a logged in member of PCGH, via the direct downloads below.
Besides a new, automatic Overdrive function the Changelog lists the following adjustements for the HD 4000 series:
Resolved Issues for the Windows Vista Operating System
• "World of Warcraft" or "World of Warcraft - Wrath of the Lich King": Flickering no longer occurs when Shadow is set to medium/high using CrossFire
• Google Sketchup no longer displays blank screen
• Resolutions above 10 x 7 will now full screen properly for specific HDMI displays
• Artifacts no longer visible while playing Age of Conan DX10
• VC-1 progressive disc playback no longer exhibits block corruption
Resolved Issues for the Windows XP Operating System
• The Compute Abstraction Layer (CAL) driver now functions properly under Windows XP
• Overlay Theatre Mode display no longer corrupt after enabling 3D screen saver
• OS Display Settings no longer shows extra resolutions for Component Video
Resolved Issues for the Windows 7 Operating System
• City of Villains: Display now redraws correctly after changing graphics settings
• Catalyst Control Center: 1080i@30hz and 1080i@25hz Component Video modes can now be applied via Component Video - Advanced aspect
• Custom formats modes can now be applied properly and will be available under "List All Modes"
• Display profiles will now be restored when displays are swapped while the system sleeps
• WinDVD9 HD playback doesn't cause the desktop to jitter or flicker anymore
• Device Manager no longer displays error during express driver uninstall
Grafikkarten-Rangliste 2017: 30 Radeon- und Geforce-GPUs im Benchmarkvergleich [März]