Download: Catalyst 8.11 WHQL AMD display driver
AMD released a new version of the Catalyst software package. The Catalyst 8.11 is available for the 32 and 64 bit versions of Windows XP and Vista.
The Catalyst 8.11 has been released by AMD and is available for download. As a registered user you can get the software from our servers. A review that checks how much the performance is increased by the Catalyst 8.11 compared to older drivers will be delivered soon.
List of changes:
Catalyst™ 8.11 introduces the following new features:
• ATI CrossFireX™ Enhancements
• HydraVision Support for Windows XP
• New Display Enhancements
• Performance Improvements
ATI CrossFireX™ Enhancements
This release of ATI Catalyst™ enables users to verify whether an application is running in ATI CrossFireX™ mode. The new option found in the ATI Catalyst™ Control Center system tray, will allow users to verify whether a Direct3D or OpenGL application is running in ATI CrossFireX™ mode. (The "ATI Cross-FireX” logo will be shown on screen when the application is running).
HydraVision Support for Windows XP
This release of ATI Catalyst™ introduces HydraVision support for the ATI Catalyst™ Control Center under Windows XP. HydraVision enables users to more efficiently organize multiple applications across single or multiple displays. High-lights include:
• HydraGrid - A new feature found in HydraVision that divides the Windows desktop into user definable areas. This helps users to more easily move and organize multiple applications.
• HydraVision Hotkeys - The ATI Catalyst™ Control Center Hotkey Manager can assist users to quickly setup and define their HydraVision specific hotkey commands.
• HydraVision Virtual Desktops - Users can configure up to 9 different virtual desktops. This enables users to manage and group multiple applications across each user defined desktop. Application positions, desktop associations and display settings can be saved for every virtual desktop.
• HydraVision Wizard - Using the ATI Catalyst™ Control Center Wizard, users can configure their HyrdaVision settings with ease.
New Display Enhancements
This release of ATI Catalyst™ Linux introduces support for display scaling to resize the display devices that support TV timings (480i/p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p) through either digital (DVI or HDMI) or analog (component) interfaces.
The following performance gains are noticed with this release of Catalyst™
FarCry 2 - performance gains of 3 to 10% for Single card mode and 8 to 14% in Crossfire mode, with some specific configurations showing even greater improvements. Performance gains were noticed on all Radeon HD4xxx and Radeon HD3xxx products.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky - performance gains of 6 to 18% in single card settings and 10 to 30% in CrossfireX mode. Performance gains were noticed on all Radeon HD04xxx and Radeon HD3xxx products.
Grafikkarten-Rangliste 2017: 33 Radeon- und Geforce-GPUs im Benchmarkvergleich [Mai - jetzt mit Titan Xp und RX 580]