Geforce driver 182.05 Beta for download - More Fps in FEAR 2
Nvidia published a new beta driver for Geforce graphics cards and promises 11 percent better performance in games. The driver is especially suited for FEAR 2.
All owners of Nvidia graphics cards will be pleased with the new driver: Version 182.05 is available for download as a beta version. The graphics cards specialist promises a better game performance of up to 11 percent.
Nvidia integrates the Physx software in version 9.09.0203. There is support for Windows XP and Vista 32 and 64 Bit as well as for the Geforce series 6, 7, 8, 9 and GTX 200. The changelog says:
- Recommended for the best experience in F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin.
- Boosts performance in several 3D applications. The following are examples of improvements measured with Release 182.05 WHQL drivers vs. Release 181.22 WHQL drivers (results will vary depending on your GPU, system configuration, and game settings):
* Up to 8% performance increase in Fallout 3 at high resolution and AA.
* Up to 10% performance increase in F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
* Up to 9% performance increase in Half-Life 2 at high resolution with AA.
* Up to 11% performance increase in Left 4 Dead at high resolution with AA.
* Up to 10% performance increase in Race Driver: GRID at high resolution and AA.
- Includes full support for OpenGL 3.0 on GeForce 8-series, 9-series, and 200-series GPUs.
If the promises will be confirmed, remains to be seen. Don't miss our next driver test on pcgameshardware.com. You can download the Geforce 182.05 Beta from Nvidia's website.
More articles about graphics cards drivers:
- Geforce 181.22 WHQL: New Geforce driver for Fallout 3 and Mirror's Edge
- Geforce 181.20 WHQL benchmark review
- Catalyst 9.1 display driver - AF Bug included
- Catalyst 9.1 WHQL benchmark review
Grafikkarten-Rangliste 2017: 30 Radeon- und Geforce-GPUs im Benchmarkvergleich [März]