Download: Ati Catalyst 10.1 WHQL driver package with Windows 7 bug fixes
AMD's latest Catalyst driver package is ready for download. The new version offers Windows 7 support and delivers improvements for several games and introduces support for OpenGL 3.2.
The monthly update of the Catalyst package for Radeon graphics cards promises the highest gaming performance and improved compatibility. Logged in members of the PC Games Hardware community can download the latest Catalyst driver below. It is also available at game.amd.com.
Under Windows 7 the recently released Catalyst 10.1 reveals the internal version number 8.69, which matches the launch driver of the Radeon HD 5670. On the internet there are already the first beta versions of the Catalyst 10.2 branch that have the internal number 8.70.
• Left 4 Dead 2 - Overall performance improves as much as 3% on ATI Radeon HD 5700 series products and ATI Radeon HD 5800 series products
• Crysis - Performance improves as much as 3% on ATI Radeon HD 5700 series products and as much as 4% on ATI Radeon HD 5800 series products
• Confirmation dialog box will now appear while extending the display through ATI Catalyst™ Control Center
• "Enable Manual Fan Control" check box will now be checked when utilizing external tools to apply fan speed
• [ATI Catalyst™ Control Center] The display order will now reflect changes properly when Eyefinity is re-arranged while desktop is rotated to portrait mode
• Hot unplugging one of the displays in an Eyefinity configuration no longer causes rotation modes to disappear from ATI Catalyst™ Control Center
Resolved Issues (Windows 7):
• [ATI Catalyst™ Control Center] Enabling LCD Overdrive will no longer cause mouse cursor to magnify when moved overtop of the "Calibration Preview"
• DisplayPort™ "Lower Setting Applied" and "Link Failure" messages will no longer appear after driver installation and reboot with DP displays connected to the mini DP port
• Firefox now works properly and video no longer drop frames when playing Youtube clips with Adobe Flash Player 10
• CrossFire™ logo now appears properly in CFX enabled applications like "3DMark Vantage" or "Call of Juarez"
• [ATI Catalyst™ Control Center] Newly added custom modes will now appear properly in desktop area tree view
• Confirmation dialogue window will now appear when setting up Eyefinity mode
• 120 Hz is no longer missing from display modes for specific digital displays
• Specific configurations will no longer cause Ubisoft "Wheelman" to stop responding during gameplay
• Loss of HDMI signal may no longer occurs when viewing Blu-ray content, and rescanning for the HDMI signal no longer cause the entire screen to shift and display a green border
• Overscan/underscan issue no longer occurs when setting displays to HDTV modes
• Performance drop no longer observed during some scenes of Resident Evil 5 cinematics
• Blocky grass and trees no longer visible in Unigine "Heaven" in OpenGL mode
Grafikkarten-Rangliste: 28 Radeon- und Geforce-GPUs im Benchmarkvergleich