Nvidia Geforce 185.65 Beta ready for download
Nvidia released the Geforce 185.65 Beta. The most important features are higher framerates in several games and driver based Ambient Occlusion (Windows Vista).
The .inf file of the Geforce 185.65 Beta lists all Geforce cards since the Geforce 8800 as supported. The driver package also contains the current Nvidia Physx runtime 9.09.0203. You can download the driver for Vista 64 bit, Vista 32 bit and Windows XP (32 bit) from Nvidia's website. The changelog (Vista, XP) lists the following improvements compared to the 182 driver series.
• Adds support for the new GeForce GTX 275 GPU.
• Adds support for Ambient Occlusion - the newest NVIDIA Control Panel feature to offer enhanced 3D gaming realism exclusively to GeForce GPUs.
• Adds support for CUDA 2.2 for improved performance in GPU Computing applications. See www.nvidia.com/cuda for more details.
• Accelerates performance in several 3D applications. The following are examples of improvements measured with Release 185 drivers vs. Release 182 drivers (results will vary depending on your GPU, system configuration, and game settings):
-Up to 11% performance increase in Call of Duty: World at War
-Up to 5% performance increase Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts
-Up to 22% performance increase Crysis: Warhead with antialiasing enabled
-Up to 11% performance increase in Fallout 3 with antialiasing enabled
-Up to 14% performance increase in Far Cry 2
-Up to 45% performance increase in Mirror's Edge with antialiasing enabled
• Supports GeForce Plus Power Pack #3. Download the FREE PhysX and CUDA applications now!
In the picture gallery you can find some animated gif pictures that present the new driver option "Ambient Occlusion”. The feature is currently available for Windows Vista only. Please bear in mind that gif files are lossy and thus some color gradients might look a little rough - ingame this is not the case though.
Currently 22 games are supported with an SSAO profile - please bear in mind that activating this features can drastically lower the framerate in certain cases.
• Assassin's Creed
• Call of Duty 4
• Call of Duty 5
• Call Of Juarez
• Company Of Heroes
• Counter-Strike Source
• Dead Space
• Devil May Cry 4
• F.E.A.R. 2
• Fallout 3
• Farcry 2
• Half Life 2 series
• Left 4 Dead (dt.)
• Lost Planet: Colonies
• Lost Planet: Extreme Condition
• Mirror's Edge
• Team Fortress 2
• Unreal Tournament 3
• World In Conflict
• World of Warcraft
Grafikkarten-Rangliste 2017: 30 Radeon- und Geforce-GPUs im Benchmarkvergleich [März]