AMD releases Catalyst 11.5 and AMD Catalyst 11.5a hotfix
AMDs latest graphics driver for Radeon powered cards - Catalyst 11.5 - is ready for download. The hotfix 11.5a is optimized for Brink, it also fixes the intermittent flickering issues with games like Civilization 5 and World of Warcraft
AMD surprisingly released new Catalysts, this time 11.5 - and besides the WHQL version, AMD also released hotfixes on their site. For the 11.5 hotfix, Brink is mentioned in the release notes. If you play this game you should try the hotfix version.
Release Notes: Catalyst 11.5
• Hydravision enhancements for Eyefinity configurations.
• The HydraGrid feature found in HydraVision is now aware of user created Bezels.
• The HydraGrid feature found in HydraVision now also includes as "Automatic Grid" option that aligns to the user defined Eyefinity display layout.
Resolved Issues for the Windows 7 Operating System
This section provides information on resolved known issues in this release of the AMD Catalyst 11.5 software suite for Windows 7. These include:
• PowerDVD no longer randomly crashes when HDMI 8 Channel Audio is enabled.
• Avivo settings are now correctly displayed in the AMD Vision Engine Control Center after connecting a secondary display.
• Windows Media Player no longer randomly hangs or displays a black screen after playing VC1 (WMV) video files for over 4 hours.
• PowerDVD no longer crashes intermittently after enabling / disabling Crossfire during BD playback.
• Bioshock no longer displays visual corruption with Vsynch and MLAA enabled.
• Transcoding MPEG-2 video to H.264 no longer causes an application crash.
• Transcoding H.264 to AVCHD no longer generates lagging video.
Resolved Issues for the Windows XP Operating System
• Civilization V no longer stops responding during game launch when Crossfire is enabled.
AMD Catalyst Driver 11.5a Hotfix Feature:
• Includes performance optimizations and resolves various quality issues for the upcoming release of Brink
• Resolves transcoding video lagging issues seen when converting multiple H.264 clips to MPEG2 Blu-ray video
• Resolves the intermittent mouse cursor lag issue seen by some users
• Resolves intermittent flickering issues seen in the following applications in a system using an AMD Radeon™ HD 6600 series graphics card with DDR3 memory and running in DirectX® 9 mode:
- Civilization 5
- Dead Rising 2
- Fallout 3
- Mafia 2
- NBA 2010
- Starcraft 2
- Warcraft III
- World of Warcraft
Grafikkarten-Rangliste 2017: 30 Radeon- und Geforce-GPUs im Benchmarkvergleich [März]