Far Cry 2: Hardcore Mode delivered via Patch
Ubisoft's Shooter Far Cry 2 will be upgraded with the Hardcore Mode on the Xbox 360. This mode is said to come to the PC and the PS3, too.
Today Ubisoft has delivered the Hardcore Mode for Far cry 2 to the Xbox 360. The new Hardcore Mode delivers new damage models and made the weapons more effective. As usual for a patch, Ubisoft also fixed some bugs of the single player multiplayer part. Another new feature is that matches on specially selected user maps are now affecting the ranking, too.
The patch is said to come for the PC and the PS3 version of Far cry 2, too. But until now a release date has not been specified.
Far Cry 2 Changelog
• Fix some random crash occurring during specific Malaria attacks
• Fix health damage not following the difficulty level when switching difficulty during player's walkthrough
• Fix some camera issue when using a mortar near a rock
• Reduce significantly the probability of having a corrupted save game*
• Add Respawning time in Host - Advanced options - player match
• Add Starting rank in Host - Advanced options - player match
• Add min players in the host option
• Add deaths in scoreboard
• Balance current damage model
• Show VIP on Scoreboard (for your team only)
• Players can stay on the same host for consecutive matches in Ranked match
• Add a Quick match button when selecting a map in the Map community
• Fix vehicles spawning on their initial position immediately after being destroyed by an explosion
• Fix client being disconnected from the host randomly and not being able to see it after that
• Fix death message does not appear randomly
• Fix some issues when interacting with objects
• Fix bandolier doesn't always unlock extra ammo
• Fix some bug when healing another player and getting wounded at the same time
• Fix diamond gain in rank mode
• Fix players don't get a request to keep a map after playing on a IGE map
• DLC Fix some issues when using the crossbow
• Add a "hardcore mode” that will provide a new damage model where all weapons do much more damage to increase realism.
• Add the possibility to play Rank matches on a selection of user maps
* We are very aware of the problems some people have been experiencing and have been doing everything within our powers to resolve these issues as quickly as possible. We found out during our testing that several elements could cause an issue with the same consequences and therefore prevent certain players to finish the game. We have been able to provide solutions that prevent those corruption problems in most cases and we haven't encountered any problems now. We apologize wholeheartedly for the inconvenience that this matter has caused to some owners of the game.
** In answer to a growing demand we have developed a tool that enable us to mark user's created maps as ranked. You should already find a selection of those maps thanks to some of our active community members.