Fallout 3: Hi-res pictures of the HD texture pack
Today a HD texture pack has been released for Bethesda Softwork's Fallout 3. We compare the default textures with the high definition pendants. We also have some download mirrors available.
Fallout 3: HD Texture Pack - Introduction
Fallout 3 already offers several god textures, but it seems like they weren't good enough for an unknown modder. With version 1.00 of his 400 MiByte big High Definition Pack you can increase the visual quality of Fallout 3. Just download the HD package and unpack the files into the Fallout 3 folder. After that you open the FALLOUT.ini which can be found in the following locations:
• C:\Users\Username\Documents\My Games\Fallout3 (Vista)
• C:\C:\Documents and Settings\Username\My Documents\My Games\Fallout3 (XP)
Search for the entry "bInvalidateOlderFiles=0" and replace the zero with a one (1). The high-res textures are activated now, although the mod doesn't replace all of them. On the next pages you can find several comparative screenshots that show the difference (if there is one) between the default textures and the high-res versions. We also have the screenshots in the original resolution of 2,560 x 1,600 in the gallery. If you have a system with some extra power, you might want to improve the overall visualization by tuning the ini. file.
You can download the texture pack by following the links below:
- Seite 1Fallout 3: HD Texture Pack - Introduction
- Seite 2Fallout 3: HD Texture Pack - Comparison #1
- Seite 3Fallout 3: HD Texture Pack - Comparison #2
- Seite 4Fallout 3: HD Texture Pack - Comparison #3
- Seite 5Fallout 3: HD Texture Pack - Comparison #4
- Seite 6Bildergalerie zu "Fallout 3: Hi-res pictures of the HD texture pack"