Dragon Age: Origins 1.03 - New patch ready for download
Bioware has released a new patch for the RPG Dragon Age: Origins. The update introduces adjustments to the support of the Awakening expansion and the balancing. Furthermore a problem with loading times has been solved.
Note: Get the latest Patch 1.04 by clicking here.
Patch 1.03 for Dragon Age: Origins has been released. The update delivers several bug fixes and introduces balancing adjustments. Furthermore some problems related to the gameplay have been solved. According to Bioware the latest patch already contains all previous updates. Thus you don't need to install any of the prior patches in advance.
You can download Dragon Age Origins Patch 1.03 from the official Bioware website or, as a logged in PC Games Hardware user at the end of the page.
Below you can find the list of changes and adjustments introduced with patch 1.03:
• Various changes have been made to code and resources to support the Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening expansion pack. Most of these changes do not affect Origins itself.
• Some players were experiencing increasingly long load times. A major cause of this problem has been fixed.
• At higher levels, non-player characters now receive a bonus to armor penetration. This mitigates an unintentional imbalance with well-armored high-level characters, since armor penetration previously did not scale as aggressively as armor itself did.
• Elite-rank enemies (lieutenants) can no longer be shattered. This preserves the intended tactical design of many combat encounters.
• Portraits for summoned creatures (like a ranger's wolf) were displaying improperly while in the party camp. This no longer occurs.
More articles related to Dragon Age: Origins
• Dragon Age: Origins - System Requirements, Benchmarks and Graphics Tuning
• Dragon Age: Origins CPU benchmarks - 75 percent boost for quad-cores
• Dragon Age: Origins - Maxed out screenshots with 2560 x 1600 pixels and 4x SSAA
• Dragon Age: Origins Collector's Edition officially announced