Cryengine 2 maxed out: Screenshot proof
The Cryengine 2 is still one of the most impressive game engines and many modders put a lot of effort into projects to squeeze out every last bit of quality the Crytek development can offer.
Crysis is still regarded to be one of the best looking games up to now. Since it was released in 2007, many modders have been working on the Cryengine 2, which is the base for Crytek's FPS, in order to increase the visual quality even further.
PC Games Hardware has already reported about several of those mods and one of the most impressive ones is the advanced Time of the Day simulation of Hawkeye|Puppy from the Crymod Forum. Currently the modder is working on a new way of lighting that is integrated into the already existing ToD project. The results are quite impressive as you can see in the picture gallery below.
What do you think of the visual quality made possible with the Cryengine 2? Do you think that the recently announced Cryengine 3 will also offer that many possibilities to modders? Give your opinion in the comments.
More articles related to graphics modifications and game engines:
• Cinematic Mod 10: New screenshots reveal Bump Map rocks and HD objects - Update: New teaser video
• Source Engine Reloaded: New screenshots with texture mod - Update
• Crytek: Features of the Cryengine 3 explained
• Stalker Complete 2009: Excellent modded graphics for Shadow of Chernobyl
• Half-Life 2 vs. Cinematic Mod 10: Visual comparison