Better particles for Crysis
Another Crysis mod is fighting for the attention of the community. This project is about improved particle effects.
Crysis is one of the most popular games at the moment. This popularity is, in parts, generated by the impressive flexibility of the game. Skilled fans work on mods that improve the visual appearance to levels even the developers at Crytek didn't think their Cry Engine 2 to be capable of. Projects like the high poly Nanosuit or Rygel's texture Mod are all products of this extensive community.
Now the there is another interesting project at crymod.com. The user HavokSage is working on improved particle effects that will make the game look even better. Here is a list of things that the mod offers at the moment:
• Fires can start if an explosion is near foliage or buildings, not dynamic at the moment.
• Improved wood pieces and splinters, with additional 3d models.
• Much longer lasting smoke.
• Small landslides when cliffs are shot.
• Soil and dirt is kicked up from explosions.
• Additional dust on tree break.
• Additional physicalized blood particles
Such projects often cause heated discussions in the community. An interesting fact about that: In an interview with Crytek's Bernd Diemer about Crysis Warhead (the interview will be released soon), we learned that Crytek is closely monitoring the community to look for promising ideas and even recruits some of the most skilled modders.
PC-Spiele 2017: Games-Liste mit Release-Terminen [Update: Mass Effect: Andromeda, Project Cars 2, Conan Exiles]