Call of Duty 5 World at War: Graphics cards benchmark review
Today Treyarch's Call of Duty 5: World at War has been released in Europe, too. PCGH delivers benchmarks with up-to-date and some older graphics cards.
Call of Duty 5 World at War - Graphics cards benchmark review: System requirements
Call of Duty 5: World at War is based on the engine of its predecessor Modern Warfare. Accordingly the system requirements are just a little higher:
• Operating system: Windows XP or Windows Vista
• Graphics card: Geforce 6600 GT or better / Radeon X1600 XT or better
• CPU: Pentium 4 3.0 GHz or Athlon 64 3200+
• Memory: 512 MiByte (XP) / 1,024 MiByte (Vista)
• Hard drive: 8 GiByte
Call of Duty 5 World at War - Graphics cards benchmark review: Test procedure
For our benchmark we use the initial sequence of one of the missions in the single player campaign. Thick jungle, detailed shadows, lots of A.I. comrades and opponents as well as smoke and explosions stress the graphics card to the max. This is a worst case scenario - no other mission in the game is that challenging for the graphics hardware. Therefore you shouldn't have any problems with the game if your graphics card is doing well here.
Before we ran our tests, we patched our Call of Duty to version 1.1. With the console command "com_maxfps 0" we removed the 91 fps frame limit.
Call of Duty 5 World at War - Graphics cards benchmark review: Test system
• CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 @ 3,600 MHz (400x9)
• Motherboard: Intel X48
• RAM: 2 x 2,048 MiByte DDR-800
• PSU: Enermax Modu 82+ (625 Watt)
(Clock speed: GPU/VRAM)
• Radeon HD 4870 X2 (2 x 750/1.800 MHz, 2 x 1.024 MiByte)
• Radeon HD 4870/1.024 (750/1.800 MHz, 1.024 MiByte)
• Radeon HD 4850/512 (625/993 MHz, 512 MiByte)
• Radeon HD 3870/512 (775/1.125 MHz, 512 MiByte)
• Radeon X1900 XTX (650/775 MHz, 512 MiByte)
(Clock speed: GPU/Shader/VRAM)
• Geforce GTX 280 (602/1.296/1.107 MHz, 1.024 MiByte)
• Geforce GTX-260-216 (576/1.242/999 MHz, 896 MiByte)
• Geforce 9800 GTX+ (738/1.863/1.107 MHz, 512 MiByte)
• Geforce 9800 GT (602/1.512/900 MHz, 512 MiByte)
• Geforce 7900 GTX (650/800 MHz, 512 MiByte)
• Geforce 180.43 Beta (A.I. default with VSync off)
• Catalyst 8.551-Hotfix (A.I. default with VSync off)
All FSAA settigs have been made in the game, while Anisotropic Filtering was forced in the driver.