COD5 World at War: Community fights against Treyarch
"No Patch No Server” is the battle call of the community to Treyarch. The community fights for a fast completion of patch 1.2 for Call of Duty 5: World at War.
As far as the sales figures are concerned Call of Duty 5: World at War has been successful but the update policy of developer Treyarch was criticized very early by the community. Fact is that Treyarch published a buggy game and patches are released rather slowly. Now the community answers back.
All CoD5 administrators are asked to shut down their servers as from 31st January until Treyarch will publish patch 1.2 and fix all bugs. The campaign has been created by forums.raidersmerciless.com. The English community RGN sent developer Treyarch and Publisher Activision an open letter which contains all important issues.
The community's most urgent issues are:
• Fix Server Authentication Failures.
• Fix Spawn Logic - not working properly in all gametypes.
• Fix HTTP ReDirect it does not work.
• Fix alt+tabbing out, and back you either get a black screen or a crash
• Screenshots Broken - not incremental, they overwrite each other
• Fix missing cg_drawfps feature & Fix cg_fov it resets with every round.
• Add /record feature - Extremely important for competition.
• Optional Head Icons & Name Tags for both Friendly and Enemy Players. - Players should not be able to put color in their name tags, like green to look like a teammate. Name tags should not show through walls - NO Enemy name tags at all or an Admin option.
• Fix Enter Prestige, server reports "Primary grenade 0 is invalid. Setting to frag" in red text.
• Co-op servers will show up correctly in server browser, many players have difficult joining others as well
• LINUX BINARIES RELEASE
• Fix when you quit the game, blue screen pops up and restarts computer
• Fix unhandled exception errors appearing randomly
• Fix areas where a clip or texture requiring a specific sound doesn't do so when walked across.
• The Clipping/Collision/Blocking brushes should be more detailed. Far too many places in maps that should be accessible are clipped/blocked by straight line clipping. Rooftop access and climbing of trees are a plus thus adding to playability, all the promos showed tree snipers.
• Mod Tools must be properly patched. All the mp prefabs for each game type (CTF,DS,HQ etc..) are missing also some of the basic csv files.
• Fix the DVARS that are not write protected that allow Rank Raping.
We will keep you up to date on the situation. Patch 1.1b can be downloaded from our servers.