Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Multiplayer details and launch trailer
Explosive details of the Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer part: No console commands and no match recording. PC Games Hardware sums up the latest development and presents the launch trailer.
New information about Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 was unveiled. The game will be released on November 10 and the launch trailer has been published on Youtube. Infinity Ward again reveals details about the multiplayer part that won't make many fans happy.
The developers Mackey McCandlish, Ryan Lastimosa and another person (possibly Vince Zampella) faced the questions of the community in a chat. The website mygameclan.com summarized the results. That Modern Warfare 2 won't support dedicated servers has been confirmed again. Currently the developers can not say if map packs, which are most likely to be released sometime, will be free for the PC version. The website evilavatar.com also found out about more explosive details: there will be no console commands that could be used to tweak the settings. Clan gamers might also be annoyed by the fact that it won't be possible to record matches. Below you can find the most important points:
- there is no console command menu to tweak settings;
- confirmation that there will be no modding;
- confirmation that there will be no dedicated servers whatsoever;
- the ability to lean has been removed;
- there is no function to record matches;
- the largest matches will be limited to 9 v 9 players;
- IW.net will determine who should be the host player.
More articles related to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
• Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 2: Third Person mode confirmed
• Modern Warfare 2: System requirements revealed
• Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Steam required and no more dedicated servers or mods - Video update