Larrabee, 32 nm CPU Dales and new Atom versions: This will be shown at the IDF 2009
Every year the Intel Developer Forum (IDF) in San Francisco is the main platform for Intel to introduce forthcoming products and trends. Intel told PC Games Hardware that interested people can watch out for Larrabee, Dales and more at the IDF 2009 in September.
Previously Intel has provided the public and press with information about the latest and forthcoming products on several occasions during the years. But since the IDFs in Asia have been canceled or cut to only one day (see: Intel cuts IDF in Beijing and cancels Taipei), the IDF in San Francisco became the most important. The event starts on September 22, 2009 - PC Games Hardware will be on the site and deliver first hand information.
As expected there will be new information about Intel's competition for Radeon and Geforce graphics cards - Larrabee. We have summarized the most important topics of the IDF 2009:
• News about the Larrabee family
• 32 nanometer processor "Dales”, which will be the first to have an integrated graphics unit
• Clarksfield, Nehalem architecture for notebooks
• New netbook platform (Atom successor?)
• News about Wimax
• New chip Jasper Forest, which is supposed to be more efficient than current Xeons
• System-on-a-Chip systems (SoC)
What do you expect from the IDF 2209? Use the comments to explain which devices or technologies you think to be the most important.
More articles related to the IDF or Intel:
• Intel presents Larrabee Wafer at the IDF - Sample chips ready
• Detailed Larrabee Die shot shown by Intel
AMD Zen ab 2017: Alles zu Release-Termin, CPU-Sockel, technische Daten [Update]