Hector Ruiz steps down as chairman of Globalfoundaries
Today Globalfoundaries announced via press release that Hector Ruiz will step down from his post as chairman.
From today on Globalfoundaries and Hector Ruiz are going separate ways. A reason for the decision has not been given. The press release is rather short and doesn't deliver any additional information either:
Ruiz to Step Down as GLOBALFOUNDRIES Chairman
Hector Ruiz, chairman of the GLOBALFOUNDRIES board of directors, will take a voluntary leave of absence effective immediately before resigning from the company in January, the company's board announced today. Dr. Ruiz had submitted his resignation in September with an effective date of January 4th, 2010.
He will be replaced by Alan E. "Lanny” Ross, who will serve as interim chairman, effective immediately, until a permanent chairman has been appointed by the board.
Ross, a current member of the GLOBALFOUNDRIES board, was previously president and CEO of Broadcom. He also served in high-level executive positions with Rockwell Automation, National Semiconductor, Fairchild Semiconductor and the Worldwide Semiconductor Manufacturing Corporation.
Established in March 2009, GLOBALFOUNDRIES is jointly owned by AMD and the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC). The members of the GLOBALFOUNDRIES board of directors are:
* Hani Barhoush, Executive Director, Acquisitions, Mubadala Development Company
* Maurizio La Noce, Executive Director, Mubadala Energy & Industry
* Giuliano Meroni, Corporate Vice President, President EMEA, AMD
* Bob Palmer, former CEO, Digital Equipment Corporation and AMD board member
* Bob Rivet, Chief Operating and Administrative Officer, AMD
* Lanny Ross, former Chief Executive Officer, Broadcom
* Barry Waite, former Chief Executive Officer, Chartered Semiconductor
* Katy Wells, Corporate Vice President, Staff Operations and Corporate Secretary, AMD
CPU-Roadmap 2017 - 2018: Künftige AMD- und Intel-CPUs/-APUs in der Übersicht [April 2017]