Battlefield Bad Company 2 PC Beta is not cancelled
After there had been some contradictory reports, it has just been confirmed that the Beta of the Battlefield Bad Company 2 PC version is not canceled.
According to GordonVanDyke the PC Beta of Battlefield Bad Company 2 is not cancelled. Since the success of the PS3 Beta had been bigger than expected the developers decided to increase the capacity of the PC Beta so that more people can participate. Thus the BFBC2 PC Beta is only delayed to very early next year because of the technical adjustments that are required to cope with the increased number of players.
Furthermore it is confirmed in the Battlefield Blog that DirectX 11 support will follow at a later stage. But the PC version also offers several enhanced features nevertheless:
PC Enhanced Features
* Up to 32 Players on PC (24 on consoles) - Play with up to 32 players online in the biggest multiplayer Maps in Battlefield. Each with a different tactical and gameplay focus set across a variety of environments.
* Full DirectX 9, 10 & 11 Support - Immerse yourself in the Battlefield world as Frostbite engine brings tanks, helicopters and explosions to vivid life on your PC. The game will fully support Windows XP, Vista, and 7 with new tech that further improves things like lighting and shadows.
* Enhanced Gameplay - The PC version also includes wide peripheral support like Joysticks for flying, NVDIA 3D Vision, Logitech LCD Keyboards and VoIP Support plus a variety of specific features tailored for PC play.
* Friend Support - Find your friends online with the new buddy list to see if and who is online so you can quickly join their game.
* Dedicated Ranked Server - Everyone gets non-stop action with no connection penalties based on some other player's internet. Ranked Server Provider program will give players opportunity to rent their own server(s) located in professional grade datacenters, ability to modify settings like map rotation, create reserved slots for friends or clan members, kick & Ban players, and custom name your ranked server.
* Clan Support & Private Servers - Independent Clan Tag, and ability to rent servers for hosting and controlling private password protected competitive servers with expanded control over the settings from public ranked servers.
* PC Squad Play System - Updated from previous Battlefield PC titles now gives control of your squad before heading into combat.